Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions2017-04-03T16:14:38-04:00
Do you fill swimming pools?2022-06-03T13:20:27-04:00

Sorry, we do not fill swimming pools. We recommend you contact Bakers Water Delivery at (814) 425-8264.

Who are the members at West Mead #1?2014-02-19T22:27:06-05:00

See our Personnel page for up-to-date information on members.

How can I donate to West Mead #1?2022-05-28T15:49:06-04:00

West Mead #1 VFC accepts donations by check at the following address:

West Mead #1 VFC
c/o Fund Drive Campaign
PO Box 573
Meadville, PA 16335

We also accept donations online through PayPal.

How is West Mead #1 funded?2022-05-28T15:51:46-04:00

We regularly organize fundraisers such as our annual ice cream social, a cruise-in, and several boot drives. In 2021 we began selling tip boards through our website. We also solicit donations by mail from households in the township district we serve. The department also receives some funds from the township for helping with trees and wires down on roadways.

Who are the officers at West Mead #1?2017-04-03T16:14:49-04:00

See our Personnel page for up-to-date information on officers.

Is there an annual fee to be a member of West Mead #1?2014-02-19T22:17:02-05:00

No, there is no annual membership fee.

How can I become a member of West Mead #1 VFC?2022-05-28T12:55:30-04:00

We accept membership applications from new and experienced fire fighters. Please download our membership application, fill it out, and give it to any West Mead #1 member. You may also mail it to West Mead #1 VFC, PO Box 573, Meadville, PA, 16335.

Junior firefighters may join at age 14, with some restrictions on their hours and activities.

Membership applications are read by a membership committee and then reviewed twice at two monthly business meetings. After the applicant is interviewed by the membership committee, the membership votes on receiving the new member. If approved, he or she begins a six-month probationary period. Unless cause is found to extend the probationary period, he or she becomes a full member the end of that time.

How do I rent the social hall on Liberty Street?2022-05-28T15:52:47-04:00

To rent the social hall, please text or call Amy at 814-282-4907. Text is preferred between 8 AM and 5 PM.

Go to Top